Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Tonight we stitch



We have our Michiana stitchers group meeting tonight. What a fun bunch of ladies. We meet once a month at a coffee shop. Gosh we have so much fun. Tonight I think I'll really get finishing the coral socks then I'll go back to my blueberry socks and finish them.
I have to admit that peacock feathers has not been fun for me so I'm putting it on hold until the fall and hopefully it will catch my attention.
I'm doing another flower basket shawl because it is so fun and easy and helps me with a lace fix.
I'm going to try to go back to the garden shawl which also lost my attention since I don't have time.
I have wound my laceweight that I dyed for the highly modified romance shawl and think I will start it next week. The romance shawl by Dorothy Seimens has hearts in a rosebud trellis then an arrow chart then a double edging. I'm going to do the whole thing in rosebud trellis ten modify the edging slightly.
The picture is of the laceweight still in skeins. It was so fun to dye!!! I'm also putting a pic of me and my hubby for Marcia;-) He's the one in the light blue plaidand my fil is next to him, I'm in the magenta and my mom is next to me, My mil and her mother are on the bench with my three kids. We went to the zoo, all four generations of us. Now how many people can say that!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great family pictures, and your socks are beautiful too. What shawl will you be knitting? I couldn't tell from the picture.

12:25 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Thanks Marti! It's the romance shawl. I started it but didn't get very far. I think I can change the chart easily but need to be able to do one repeat before I know for sure.

4:38 AM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

E, when are we going to get together and spin? Our group meeting is Monday afternoon from 1-5 at Charlottes this month. I had the spin in here at my house last month, and 0 people showed up. So, maybe because it's summer, and I won't be there on Monday I don't think because of surgery. Course, I could go and just sit and knit. Let me know if you want to go, I can give you directions to Charolottes! You can bring the kids, she has a humungous farm, and about 30 acres! Absolutely beautiful. Call me! (do you have my number?) email me and I'll give it to you at
elizabet.matthews@sbcglobal.net
Talk soon, Liz

5:38 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

what a wonderful family picture!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf