Sunday, April 10, 2005

Fenna

Fenna is a beautiful feminine girl and I love her...but... and this is my fault for not listening to my inner slightly experienced fiber person, she has a little problem. Most people wouldn't notice her problem. I do. She will go to the frog pond to rectify her problem. The handspun bled oh so slightly into the kidsilk haze. Since she is going to the frog pond I'll make her more beautiful. I knit the shawl as the pattern called then I dropped the handspun then added the kidsilk haze and made a ruffle. I think this time around it will look neater if I cast off and than pick up the ruffle. Only dry cleaning for this delicate angel unless one of you color gurus have ideas on how to keep it from bleeding. Vinegar maybe?
Elizabeth

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristine said...

hmm- I've only tried it with my machine washing colors, but I add about a 1/4 cup of salt to the load.

(also about the jacket I'm making- I giggled when I read your comment, because it's tiny! It's for my almost 2 year old nephew, but it is a classic design.... my bf wants a larger version for himself. ugh- that means miles of seed stitch)

8:47 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

That's the cute little jacket you were making!?! It looks so much bigger. It's still a great jacket I want one in my size;-)

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf