Tuesday, December 19, 2006

my head is spinning


I finished the handspun sweater with the green yoke but gave it away too quickly to take pictures;-) I have some spinning pictures though. My birthday was November 27th, next year is the big 4-0. I just don't care very much today. Maybe I will next year but I doubt it. I'm thirty nine and I just found out that the year I was born the 27th was Thanksgiving. Turkey day, how ironic! Where am I going with this? My main birthday present was the lace kit for my Rosie! I'm dying to dig into Lisa Souza's Merino silk fiber in South Pacific but I felt I had to work up to it. So I ordered some merino silk from the woolery with my kit. I had a blast! I spun 962 yds from about 7 oz. I measured 21 wpi. I'm thinking I might do Evelyn Clark's (favorite designer)butterfly garden with it.


Up now is a little taste of a friend's roving. Her blog is herehttp://knitandspincrazy.blogspot.com/ and her store is here http://chocolateprincess.etsy.com . Her colors are very nice! I bought some of her sock yarn too and hope to cast on for the sock over winter break.
And here is my new obssesion thank you very, much Jessica! I am so in love with silk!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

That laceweight is gorgeous! So evenly plyed, too.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Woo-hoo! Great handspun! Can't wait to see it in person tomorrow night. Is that some of the silk from Michigan Fiber Fest?

11:39 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

wait, you gave away a handspun sweater?????
my head is spinning!

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to comment to tell you that I too am the silk lovin' queen. I started dyeing it a couple of months ago, and almost everything I do has some Tussah Top silk in it.
It makes everything better!
Have fun with it. It looks great with Alpaca and really boring fiber, it gives it whole new life.
Happy Hollydays
Holly

7:07 AM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

That yarn is lovely! It will make a beautiful shawl.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

E! Those are great pics of the fiber! Thanks for posting about it. I love the pink and black! It's definitely going to be one of my all time colorways. I WANTED, AND STILL WANT that silk/merino laceweight yarn! It felt sooooo gooooooddddd! What are you going to do if I start dyeing that? :)

12:11 PM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

Oh, I forgot also, the shop link is
http://www.chocolateprincess.etsy.com

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your laceweight is absolutely beautiful. can't wait to see what it becomes!

7:13 AM  
Blogger jenknits said...

Mmmmm, that's some yummy spinning!

2:00 PM  
Blogger A Hopeful Hollar Knits said...

I am sooo inspired by your lovley creations. Last week I too began the journey of spinning and I long to get to the point where I'm creating such delightful knitted items with my own hand spun yarn. I'll be visiting you often. Thank you for sharing with us!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Sheila E said...

Beautiful laceweight yarn. You are amazing. How do you do all that with little ones running under your feet?
Glad to know that you like your new Orifice Hook...got to be an elf on that one! Enjoy. I love knowing that it's helping you to produce yummy art!

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf