Sunday, October 08, 2006

long time no post



It's finished and blocking! It's been finished for two weeks but I haven't had time to block it. My handspun , Ann bud's sweater pattern(with lots of alterations and additions. I love it.

I also took a leap and knit something for one of my children, the ones that like me to knit for them but refuse to actually wear what I knit. I think that she will wear it purely for the panda buttons. This was a top down formula again my additions:-) And patons merino. I had no idea it was such a nice yarn!!
The Mystery stole may be done tonight. I picked up icelandic handspun sweater and am doing major redesign that will actually make it better. This will be the ultimate design feature ;-) This is an old picture I am almost up to the arm steeks! Yay!!!

13 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Wow, that's a lot of knitting! You're reminding me that if I just sat on the couch and knit more---I still couldn't keep up with you! Go flame fingers! Keep it up!:)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous sweater! It's nice to have you 'back'.

8:33 PM  
Blogger jenknits said...

Ohhhh, I love the handspun cardigan. And I hope your daughter loves the sweater - panda buttons, works for me!

2:32 PM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

We need to see an in-use picture of both lovely cardigans!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Sheila E said...

BEEUTIFUL!! You are amazing!! Wish that I could work as quickly and as beautifully as you.
I'm with Caroline, when do we get pictures of the sweaters in use?

10:24 AM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

Did the video help? I'm glad to see it's done, and can't wait to see it on you! I'm hoping to make it to yours for awhile, but will definitely have to go to Charlotte's since I missed her last one. :) Talk soon

6:32 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

can't wait for the modelling shot!

4:11 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Both sweaters turned out lovely! Can't wait to see the new handspun one and put me down for wanting the in-use shot of the others, too. :)

9:42 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I was lucky enough to see it in person - and fellow posters, it is breath-taking up close! The camera doesn't show the true beauty of the texture and movement. It's truly a masterpiece.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

There's that gorgeous sweater! Really lovely work. :) And I want to see you in it, as well!

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both of those sweaters are gorgeous, but I'm totally loving the handspun cardigan! Wish I could admire it in person!

10:00 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Sorry guys I need to get a nice day to take a picture:-)

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The handspun sweater is AMAZING! The yarn is gorgeous and the choice of pattern is fantastic.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf