Thursday, April 26, 2007

Knittin' and Spinnin'






I get a bug every year. Some type of knitting project that I must do. Lace was it, then socks, back to lace, a bag fetish here and there. It is finally sweaters!!! I all of a sudden am obsessed with sweaters. That doesn't mean I don't do lace, or socks,or bags it just means I obssesively knit the objects of my desire. The others are not so obsessive;-)
I finally discovered Elsebeth Lavold. Everyone was mad about her two years ago and I was busy obsessing about something else-probably lace.
I'm busy knitting away on the back of Ylva fromViking Knits Two. I'm doing the shell in silky tweed. These pictures are from a day ot two ago so I now have the middle medallion done and am getting close to the armhole and cool braid along the armhole. I like the fact that her motif is on both the front and the back. It is more work and most people don't see the back but I love details. She is all about these little details.
After that I want to do Audrey from Sophisticated lady. I'm also going back to the Elizabeth Cardi from one of the Rowan Books. I have the back and one of the sides done so I only have to do the other side and the sleeves!



I also finished spinning the laceweight merino silk from Lisa S. This stuff is more yummy than silk alone!! I got 1210 yds out of 4 oz. I am very happy!This is a picture of unwashed yarn. It is even prettier now!

12 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

that handspun--ohhh! I'm swooning! That's gorgeous. You know, I wish I could maintain my enthusiasm about sweaters right now, but the professor's sweater is really keeping me from enjoying sweaters. I'm on the first sleeve. Who knew a sleeve could be so big?!

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

Ooooooooh! Drool.

5:34 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

wow wow wow! elizabeth! the lavold is lovely, but your laceweight is GORGEOUS!!!

4:02 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

ditto what everyone else said! Lovely work.

4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 8 ounces of that stuff and I hope I can spin it as finely as you did! Beautiful! I have the Hempathy yarn to make that shell, maybe that will be my summer project this year.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

The Lavold is really pretty. Love the handspun, it's gorgeous. Is that the Beachstone colourway? Got plans for it?

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exquisite spinning! Which wheel did you use?

6:18 PM  
Blogger June said...

Your spinning is gorgeous Elizabeth! Can't wait to see what you will make of it -

5:33 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Nice sweater - that color is going to look wonderful on you, Elizabeth.

Your spinning is just perfect! That is some really beautiful yarn!

5:48 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yay sweaters! I've browsed those books, but I never broke down and bought one.
The handspun looks gorgeous. I'm going to have to get back to spinning one of these days.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Me too, I'm obsessed with sweaters this year! The Lisa Souza yarn is gorgeous!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf