Monday, January 29, 2007

It Hap-pened


How may titles can you get out of word plays with hap I wonder!

It's finished and I'm itching to start another even though I have lots of other things that I should be working on. It came out to be a perfect size. I will measure and give specs when it is finished blocking.

I decided against an edging but did a picot bind off instead. I think I will do that on my second one too. I have to say laziness aside( laziness is a big factor) I think that I really like the simplicity of the picot as opposed to an edging. The hap is a very uncomplicated pattern iand it lends itself to simple treatment.

This is kind of like pictures without make-up but I couldn't wait to post pics. Here are pics of my unblocked hap. See this tiny bit left. I was not sure we'd make it!!!

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great!! I've said this a million times, but I love the colors.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is stunningly beautiful!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Wow! I'm looking forward to seeing her all gussied up and blocked. Did you find this to be a relaxing and easy knit? Or no? How many balls of ksh did it use?

9:50 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

It turned out beautifully! Can't wait to see the finished item on Saturday!

11:56 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

gorgeous!!!

7:10 PM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

That is so beautiful. I want to know how you went about choosing the colors!

5:00 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Congratulations on finishing such a beautiful shawl. I love the colors and how warm and soft it looks.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

Well! I'd say you did it! But don't forget what else you have to finish before your trip! Just a friendly reminder! (hahahahahah) Love ya, Lizzo
by the way, it looks wonderful, bring it Saturday so we can all feel and drool.......

7:31 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

oh so lovely! The colors are beautiful and mmmm KSH!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Spinayarn99 said...

It looks so lovely. I have never seen a Hap knitted up before. The colours are gorgeous..... and you just had enough yarn for it. I bet you were a bit nervous towards the end, thinking would you make it to the end!!

3:57 AM  
Blogger jenknits said...

Photos without makeup, that's so funny! The shawl is beautiful! Nice knitting!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Sheila E said...

Wow Elizabeth is that yummy!! Makes me want to put it on. Perfect for those cold days!!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

It's very beautiful! It looks soft and warm too :o)

11:12 AM  
Blogger annmarie said...

It's perfectly lovely! And I would never have thought to use KSH for this. The colors are inspired. :)

9:05 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

I love this shawl- it reminds me of a more sophisticated version of that baby blanket I am generally always working on. :) (much, much, much more sophisticated!)

6:19 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

It's really beautiful! I am currently doing the same pattern, but am slogging through the garter sts middle... :)

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf