Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow Emergencey


Yesterday was a very snowy day. The worst part was the drifting. Last night they called off school for the thrid day in the last two weeks. I woke up to sunny skies and very little additional snow. Unfortunately everything is closed. I was going to take the kids to the library but it has been closed for a snow emergency. I'm taking them out to lunch instead. Restaurants never close! It's just funny because yesterday it was awful, the roads, the wind, the school bus got stuck. Today just a great day for climbing snow mountains.
I started the Rippling Waters scarf by Dorothy Seimens with my Celtic Colors Fleece Artist BFL singles. I think it is going to be cool!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like your kids are definitely taking advantage of the weather! Your scarf is going to be interesting, I can't wait to see it all knit up!

8:42 AM  
Blogger jenknits said...

I love snow days, until they are still going to school in July. Have fun with it!

10:39 AM  
Blogger MUDNYC said...

You've got yourself some cute kids!

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just come home from a walk in the heat (over 100F).... what a joy to see the photos of the kids in the snow .....

Regardless of the heat I can always look at knitting ..... and your scarf is going to be lovely.
Vivien - Spinayarn 99

8:34 PM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

Pretty scarf. We're on our third day in a row of no school here. Thank goodness there is a 14 year old on my street who goes to the same school as Emmy and is thrilled to have his first job...

6:15 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I ....don't understand how the yarn is striping like that. Please explain.

11:53 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Sarah, I spun singles. Then I knit the edging. I picked up along the edging and now am knitting the body.

The edging knitting is vertical and after picking up the body is horizonal. Clear as mud?!?

1:27 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Wonderful! No one can look happier than kids in snow. :)

9:16 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Thanks for giving me a photo of a real snowstorm! We never get more than an inch or two here, and I miss the great mounds of fluffy stuff and the snow emergencies. As long as everyone is safe, it's a great time for snowmen and snow angels.

Glad everyone is having a little fun...

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf