Thursday, March 22, 2007

Baby Brother






This is Rosie(the Paul Simon song always runs through my head-she's really my Rosie child:-). I got her almost exactly two years ago. I love her. She has not given me one ounce of trouble. She's been very patient as I learned how to spin. Definitely a golden child. I don't take her out much though. She's a little heavy and she's my only baby. I don't want anything to happen to her. This is what she and I are spinning right now, it's Lisa Souza silk/merino 50/50.


So I've been pining for a travelling wheel. After many considerations(there are so many wheels out there!). I decided that majacraft is my brand. I love the smoothness and the no fuss. I'm engineeringly challenged:-) That really only left me with the Little Gem which is very nice but has different treadling than my Rosie and the breakdown a little more complicated than I'd like. However I did like spinning on it and it fits all the the investments I've made towards my Rosie. I have a lace kit and a jumbo flyer and bobbin set and more than a few extra bobbins. The little Gem sadly is out of my price range right now. Well this story ends well hopefully! Saturday we will be welcoming Rosie's little brother to the family... Stay tuned:-)
This is my floppy jacket she is done! I love it I would do it again. It's from Maie Landra's new book.

15 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Woo Hoo! I love your sweater. It turned out so cute. Congratulations on your expected arrival. You will have so much fun traveling places with a travel wheel. What colorway is the LS fiber your are spinning? It is beautiful.

7:23 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

whoo hoo times two!
your spinnging is gorgeous! and the sweater, yum:-)

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a very pretty bobbinfull, and a lovely tribute to your wheel. Comfy sweater, too. Nice work.

11:17 AM  
Blogger MUDNYC said...

YAY! I heard about your purchase at Bella Vita last night. How exciting! Maybe you need a "baby shower"?

12:27 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

I always love the Koigu colours :) and when it's in a sweater you could live in, so much the better.

Can't wait to see Rosie's little brother.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

What a happy sweater! I hope you and your new wheel will be perfect for one another!

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooh - I am wondering if we can do a swap....some Liza Souza for some Aussie wool/silk?

3:11 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Whoooooeee, Elizabeth! It's gorgeous. I know you're happily awaiting the new arrival - Rosie will be happy to put her treadles up and let baby brother do all the traveling.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great sweater, Elizabeth! That is a really good color on you and it will be perfect to wear as a spring coat.

5:06 AM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

Lovely sweater and good colors for you! I have some of Lisa's silk/merino in stash waiting till I feel equal to it. By the way I think you are thinking of Neil Diamond...

5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the sweater looks so comfy!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! That is a lovely handspun blue. It looks so shiny. I have to go shop at Lisa's. I love the wheel. It is my dream wheel in the very distant future. I wish you lots of great spinning time.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

I got to see the sweater in person yesterday. It is gorgeous. Elizabeth, you may be tempting me to knit a sweater and I don't knit sweaters! LOL!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness that spinning is gorgeous - look at those gorgeous colors and the fine yarn :) Beautiful sweater too! Majacraft is definitely my brand too - love my suzie!! I know I will want t a traveling wheel too at some point. First I need to become more skilled with the one I have ;)

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sooo love the colors in the yarn you are spinning. Sadly, I am not really a spinner, but admire everyone else who is!

Love your sweater, also. It looks great on you!

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf