Monday, February 26, 2007

New Book

I bought the sock book! Yes I have most of the patterns but it is so well laid out and I don't have to go looking:-) I passed on lace style for now. I may get it later but there was really only one thing I might knit. I want Stephanie Japel's book Fitted Knits but will wait on that too. It looks really nice though. I love her designs!








I had to blog about my Prayer Shawl sweater before I give it away. I've started(well Weds.) a prayer shawl group and we will knit items prayerfully for people for variuos reasons. This is for a young lady in my community who is having her first baby. My friend Liz M.
dyed the washable merino sock yarn this rose garden colorway. I snatched it up! It is a simple top down raglan with a picot edging. I like simple with details:-)

This is my fleece artist sock. It needs a mate. I'm working on it! I'm in love with fleece artist everything.
I'm also working along on my floppy jacket. I'm more than halfway done but this is not one that looks very good in pictures until blocked and on a person!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't that just the greatest pattern book? i love the fact that i don't have to go looking for the patterns. your little sweater is beautiful!

1:53 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

i LOVE the baby sweater!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

That's a very cute baby sweater and thanks for the reminder about the sock book!

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking it is next on my list too.....looks great. Maybe some nice blue handspun ;) socks for me

3:27 PM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

I bought the book too, I should have it in a day or two... I thought I really wanted Fitted Knits but I saw a review of it on someone's blog and she said she was disappointed in the designs, and some of the pictures she showed made me think there wouldn't be as much in it for me as I'd hoped. So if you get it I'd love to see a review!

5:06 AM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

E, love the sweater! The edging was perfect for it! How much did you have left? That would be a great pattern for one of those balls of handspun! The sock is cute too!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

I'm waiting for that book to appear at my LYS - nothing yet darn it!

I love the baby sweater!! So sweet and the picot edging is just perfect!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf