Wednesday, May 09, 2007

progress

I'm getting there with the shell:-)















I've got two more projects lined up. I want to do Audrey from Sophisticated Lady by Elsebeth Lavold and I bought some Knit Picks shine sport in Apricot for the Shetland Shawl Turned Vest by Veronique Avery from Lace Style. It was the straps that got me. I love details and this piece had the details. I'm already dreaming of the perfect two buttons for the back and I don't even have the yarn yet! I'm also lusting after the Katherine Hepburn Cardi from the same book and Knit Picks Shine sport works for that too but I want to knit a piece with it first before I invest in the time it will take for the Katherine Hepburn Cardi. On Rosie is some merino cross in a perfect for me red from a local dyer at Winterhaven farms. Very nice stuff. (the color is closer to the darker red than the washed out one)I'm spinning it bulky. After that laceweight I needed to switch up!
Speaking of lace weight. I decided to try my hand at Eunny Jang's Print 'o the Wave shawl.

10 Comments:

Blogger Romi said...

It all looks great! And it's so nice to see you back. :)

7:42 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Eye candy! The shell looks great, and what are you knitting the shawl with? The colours are very pretty.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shell is wonderful! and such a great color too!
SP

8:09 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, great stuff. Can't wait to see it finished.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, I thought I'd try to comment on your blog this time. I love that red!

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the shell. Did you find any errors in the pattern?

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your knitting looks wonderful! have a wonderful mother's day.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Also, you have been TAGGED.
See my blog for details.

3:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful knitting, Elizabeth. The Lavold designs are just so distinctive!
It is so much fun to see how far you made that little bump of silk/merino go. Isn't it lovely to spin? I do like the fact that you are changing up your grist this time, that way you won't get stuck in just one groove, so to speak. :o)

6:34 AM  
Blogger Sheila E said...

I love the cabling on the shell. The color is lovely...I can just see it on you! Ah, to be a long drink of water again!!
Buttons...did you say buttons? May I be of assistance?
The red is popping!
Lisa's yarn is perfect in your shawl...yummy all around.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf