Monday, August 24, 2015

17 days...

So here is Rye!!! So much fun to knit and I should be able to join the sleeves by the end of the week which would put me on track for finishing by Shindig.  I'm not sure why I'm thinking that it will be cool enough to actually wear this in the beginning of September but madness knows no logic!

4th button hole on the next row!! It's going so well but I know what a slog it is once the sleeves are joined'. The rows are so long!!! But then they short again.  Kind of a metaphor for life.

Today is a milestone day, the first day of commuter college for my kid with Aspergers.  We have had our short rows days and very sloggy rows days over the years.  I'm grateful that we are here.  There were many moments I thought that this day would not be possible.  I'm not kidding myself, we still have some sloggy rows days our future but today that doesn't matter!  Today we made it here!

Okay now for Birkin!  I should also be ready to split for the top this week and at least get started on that by the weekend which makes me think that I may be able to almost get it done.  I'm thinking that I will be knitting Birkin sleeves at the Shindig!



And here is Summer Moon

After an appropriately long time out I think I'm ready to rip back to the first decrease.  I didn't want to, I fought it but after a good time out, I've put enough space between us that I can see clearly now. I'm not ready to do it today I don't think.  I guess this is another will she or won't she.  Stay tuned!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Rye is so gorgeous! I have Leaf Peppers in Trusty coming for mine, but it's all I can do not to score an SQ off of destash and cast on. Yours looks lovely. I can't wait to see it in person!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf