Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The times they are a changin'

So I decided to resurrect my blog for multiple reasons.  The last two years have been rough but so strengthening. 

I'm ready to come back here and post some thoughts and celebrate life.

Now for less serious but very exciting fun!

In less than four weeks Plucky Shindig is happening in Grand Rapids.  This is the ultimate girl party!  All of the friends, Plucksters we are called, come together with knitting in hand, squirreled cash for shopping and treats from our local areas. People come from all over the world!  

This will be my third Shindig and I look forward to it like kids look forward to Christmas:-). 

I have started preparations! Making dinner plans with faraway friends, deciding which treats to bring, I think I've settled on Wakarusa Dime Store Jumbo Jelly beans and cast on for my Shindig sweater!  

Okay so we all have to wear our finest knitwear!  Kind of like people make Rhinebeck sweaters, Shindig sweaters are very important! 

Only my crazy brain works in the most counterproductive ways!  Setting myself up to fail!  I couldn't cast on one sweater to do for Shindig seeing as we have less than a month!  I had to cast on for two!  Yes one is a worsted weight sweater but the other is a fingering weight sweater!  The race is on!!! 

Let's see how they grow!!!
This is Amy Miller's Birkin, a pretty Shetland style lace pullover so classic and totally up my alley.  I'm doing this in Plucky Oxford, Wooden Shoe colorway in honor of my first Shindig. Wooden Shoe was a color designed for that Shindig which took place in Holland Michigan. The color looks like suede and it makes me crazy!  I love it!!!

My other Shindig sweater is by one of my favorite designers as well. This is Rye by Thea Colman of Babycocktails.  Another vintage style, a perfect cardigan with some bobbly texture. This design was created for Berroco and I'm using Plucky Scholar in the Princess Phone color way.
Of course I love Princess Phone because it is a Fall color but also because I coveted things like princess phones and my mother thought they were frivolous and unnecessary !  My unrequited love for all things girly! 

I can't wait to see how this plays out!  Can I finish one, both, none?!? We will see!
Stay tuned....

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger betsyi said...

Yay! So lovely to see your blog. And of course you can do it! Can't wait to see them in person. xo

5:27 AM  
Blogger Syknits said...

Excited to see you are blogging. I can't wait to see our Rye in Princess Phone. the color and pattern are a great match.

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Thea said...

Hi you!! Can't wait to see the Rye in this yarn :)

8:35 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Thanks ladies!?

Thea this is another fun design!!

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf