Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The windy city.



The windy city was fun. I had never been to the Field Museum. It was very cool but we pooped out much too quickly(the adults I mean). The kids focus was Egypt andDinosaurs. There was plenty of both. My focus was the gem room and the Asian boxes. Little tiny boxes carved, painted, inlaid, laquered. So intricate and beautiful. The gems speak for themselves.
Now that the shawl is finished I'm itching to start something. My mom has talked me into shoulder shawls for my cousins. I'm thinking about which patterns to use. I'd like to use two balls of kidsilk haze for each-which I have in stash as we speak. We'll see!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fiona says thank you for the birthday wishes! looks like the kids had a blast in the windy city.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Aww, I wish I knew you were coming into town! I work by Union Station (until tommorow at 4:30!) Oh well, I'll just have to email you when I'm all moved in (driving in on Monday)

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf