Thursday, July 13, 2006

Mystery Stole 2 and Wedding shawl


I've been dutifully trying to finish the stole for my sil's wedding. It is for her. Her colors are pinks and I thought this light pink is more interesting and wearable than white. It is my design, if you want to call it that.
It is basically a trellis chart with a beaded border. I wanted to make it easy because I drag my feet on deadlines. I also think anything with ksh is very elegant and appreciated while something you might slave over will not be understood. I bought the beads from Earth Faire, I love them!!! They are triangular and catch the light so beautifully.

I'm also working on the mystery stole 2. It looks like it is going to be gorgeous. I'm using stash-knitpicks shadow in vineyard. It just looked like a perfect match to me!

I'm also spinning some of Lisa Souza's bfl in petroglyph but am considering plying it with something else but haven't decided what. Akkk!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jes said...

Both look stunning! I love the way those beads look. I'm going to have to try that some day.

8:11 AM  
Blogger jenknits said...

Oh, so you're in the MS2KAL as well? It is looking lovely so far!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Marlene said...

I love the simplicity of the wedding stole. I think sometimes we tend to overthink and overdesign projects when a less busy pattern looks best. Good job!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

hmm- I must have heard about the wedding shawl earlier... I stopped by Erica's this morning and bought some laceweight to knit myself a wedding shawl... any suggestions on patterns?
I was thinking a Faroese (so it stays on) and my dress is Sincerity #3070
http://www.sinceritybridal.com/us_en/collection.php?linenum=0&totlines=-1

I remember your red caplet from a while back- but wasn't that a modified pattern?

12:06 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

those beads are really stunning with the ksh :-)

3:54 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

ohhh your trellis design is lovely. I've always liked the triangular beads on knitting. They 'sit' so nicely.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf