Friday, January 12, 2007

Handspun secret pal goodies


I was so excited to open the package from my Handspun Secret Pal. I joined this Interweave knits sponsored swap at the last minute. I figured what the heck! I asked to be paired internationally. Both my secret pal that sends to me and my secret pal that I send to are in Australia! It is summer down there right now but they are still spinnin away;-)
My secret pal sent the most beautiful handspun skein of two ply. One ply is a seafoam green merino and the other is a multi colored coordinated silk ply. It is so beautiful!!! I'm trying to think of what to make with it- you know how it is when you get that special skein and you just want to look at it and pet it!

She also sent me some merino and silk to try my hand at it. The colors are brilliant! The spindle is my new hatchtown spindle I won. Thanks Jen!

9 Comments:

Blogger Liz M. said...

Love that handspun! And those gorgeous colors! What a cute spindle!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Beautiful yarn and roving!!!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Spinayarn99 said...

I am so pleased that you liked the bright colours and the bother "bits and pieces".

3:06 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Wow that handspun is gorgeous. I'm glad you got the hatchtown. I'm absolutely certain you'll put it to work to make beautiful things.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Wish I had time to do all the secret pal type swaps. They look so fun. And what a beautiful skein you received! Perfect timing getting the new Hatchtown. I'm glad you won it, too. :)

3:59 PM  
Blogger MUDNYC said...

That's beautiful, what a great surprise to receive from a secret pal!

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That hat is adorable!

Your comment to my blog didn't get delivered to my email (seems to be a trend). Anyway, to add to the info about Koigu's floppy jacket, the wearer was "womanly" and it fit well. The sleeves did seem very floppy, so I'm going to keep an eye on those since I'm not very tall.

Cheers, Nancy (knitting wench)

10:05 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

holy moley, you scored! that handspun is gorgeous! does your pal have a blog?

3:46 PM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Her name is Vivien and you should see it in person!!!http://spinayarn99.blogspot.com/

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf