Monday, August 08, 2005

Fun weekend



We had a fun weekend at my family's cottage. It has been in the family for more than 60 years. I spent 17 summers there. I comes out to more than a few years of my life:-) This is the place that is always home to me. Wherever I roam the cottage is still there. Hopefully my generation will not let it go. It is hard most of my cousins work and we live to far away now to be able to go often.
On the knitting front I want to do everything yesterday. I started an (gasp) afghan for the first time since I was thirteen. I hate afghans but my dear little girl has been pestering me for a panda afghan. Thankfully she's tiny because it won't be very big. I have no patience for afghans. I also started a Lavender Garden Shawl by Sharon Miller. I have made one before and everyone who saw it loved it. This one is for my cousin,in lavender. Amazing I actually am making it in the color called for. The last one was a robin's egg blue. Pics of beautiful roving to come later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf