Sunday, October 16, 2005

Obsession


I can be a little obsessive. This week it was brought to my attention that as a guild we were challenged to knit a hat for the next guild meeting. We are knitting hats for the Y's woman's shelter. Well of course it was only 'bout 5 days to the guild meeting. I love an excuse to go buy more yarn-I didn't have any washable yarn! So I knit like a fiend and basically put out a hat a day. The last was the blue striped. My daughter loved the lavender striped so I had to do it in her colors, blue.
The obligation shawl #2 is so close to being finished. I have a month and a week to finish #2 and #3. I should be able to do it easily although I can't say I am going to feel like knitting this pattern again anytime soon.
The socks are going slow with all of this obligation knitting but I am savoring the colors of the yarn. Luscious!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the little flower detail on the plain hats, it really dresses them up.

7:09 PM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Thanks Marti. I used to love crocheting so I still like to whip out the crochet hook every once in a while!

4:27 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Great hats! We missed you at the meeting yesterday.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

Nice hats E! I'm looking forward to spin-in day! Talk to you soon...

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf