Friday, September 16, 2005

Karis


Karis, she's finished! I am tired of ponchos so I decided to modify her into a cape(sm cape-capelet I guess) I ordered some red glass buttons to go on her. Tiny, delicate, frosted orbs. I think I will place them in pairs at the top when I get them and sew them on I will model it!

I also learned that scotch tension can not only be tightened but also loosened! Duhh! Thankfully the knowlegeable ladies at FiberTraditions Yahoo group enlightened me. Thanks Vanessa! Now I can spin any weight I want not just worsted or aran! This picture is a sample of a single doubled over on itself! Yay!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. very nice spinning. and karis is beautiful

2:53 PM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

Pretty! Is that 'garnet'??

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your spinning is gorgeous! and is the karis for you or a present?
vanessa

8:42 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Thanks ladies;-) Caroline it isn't Lisa's garnet but you could call it garnet. Can you tell I love the color?

4:51 PM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Karis looks lovely. I also think the Lavender Garden shawl you made looks wonderful. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I took a look at your spinning, too, and am very impressed. I'm planning on buying a wheel but I'm just a novice and need lots of practice!

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf