Saturday, October 08, 2005

Waving lace socks done!



Woo Hoo , my waving lace socks are done! Waving Lace out of Lorna's laces Shepard Sock in blueberry on size one needles. The pattern is from Interweave Knits Spring 2004 by Eveyln Clark-one of my most favorite designers! Everything she does looks complicated but in fact is easy and makes you look like a genious!
Now I'm going to make socks with my Lisa Souza sock! yarn for me-me I tell you! I only have two pairs of handknit socks and one is 12 years old! Everyone likes handknit socks. I'm doing Lisa's peacock color first. I asked her to send me a surprise color and that is what she sent and I love it! I sure hope the Nancy Bush Vintage Socks book comes in the mail today(like I'd actually have time this weekend to start it anyways!). I can't wait to try out some of the patterns in there! When I get a chance to start I'll post.

8 Comments:

Blogger vanessa said...

lovely socks elizabeth :-)

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those socks! You're right - they do look complicated. I have a scarf pattern with a similar pattern that I've been wanting to make for years, I should go dredge that up.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Sooo beautiful- they do make you look like an artistic genius- but then again, you are!
Thanks for the support, and comments about this past weekend- it was pretty tough, but I think I did pretty well. :)
Is your meeting this Wednesday? I might have time during the day- (no promises yet) :)

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the socks turned out beautiful. enjoy every minute of making a pair for you.

7:42 AM  
Blogger jenknits said...

Great socks! And woohoo for making something for YOU!

2:54 PM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Thanks everyone. I started two!! pairs of socks for myself.
Kristine the meeting is at 7:00 on Mishawaka ave. just west of Ironwood past iusb on the right hand side next to sponsellar's Karate if you have time. It should be fun. I probably won't bring my wheel the first time.

4:25 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Duhh-I mean on the left hand side
:-P

6:15 AM  
Blogger yarnahoy said...

Beautiful lace socks!!
:)

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf