Monday, October 03, 2005

What a Day


Sunday Stephanie Pearl-McPhee was at my lys, Sit 'N Knit, signing books. She was witty and fun. It was so nice to sit and knit with her. After the book signing she read one of the essays from her book. We were all laughing hysterically. Later there was less traffic so Stephanie, Betty, Kristine(of Strung Out blog) and I sat and talked and knit. Later Elizabeth (of Pick Up Sticks)joined us. What a great day! It was especially nice to meet Stephanie since she and I are on the same Yahoo List together,Fibertradtions. Some of the nicest, most knowledgeable ladies are on that list and I am always honored to meet one. I was pretty washed out after a few hours and had worn out my babysitter's generosity so I had to leave. It was a wonderful fibery day though!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, don't you look cute in your handspun, handknit treasure! I keep telling you that you are a natural and there is your proof. There is nothing like knitting with your own handspun because the stitches have life from two fronts. Hooray!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

E, great pic! I had such a blast!!! I can't wait to get together with everyone and spin. Don't forget to email me the date and time. Charlotte wants to come too. See ya soon...

7:46 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

ok- so now I'm completely obsessing about knitting lace... my problem is I'm not really a shawl/stole/poncho person, and I have enough scarves ! Argh!

I was over at Fiddlesticks... and the Peacock Shawl, and Flirty Ruffles both look fun... grr- I wish I did wear shawls! And I'm totally not willing to give that much work away- at least not yet

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am glad you had fun! isn't stephanie just the best?

8:38 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

E,
Where is the fibertraditions group at Yahoo!? I looked for it but can't find it (like I NEED another knitting group, LOL)
Becky
(from Camp)

4:25 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Hey Becky It is in yahoo groups but I will figure out how to give you the address. Are you interested in joining?

4:37 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

I'd like to take a look, thanks Elizabeth. I must not have used the right search terms.
I'm afraid to take up spinning for fear that it will take over my life, but it fascinates me. Did I tell you about seeing the beautiful, huge spinning wheel for sale in someone's front yard when Rich & I were out on the bike, pulling the camper? I told him we could just strap it to the top of the trailer!
Later!

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I got here from the yarn harlot's blog. I was also wondering about the yahoo group you mentioned. I couldn't find it either. I don't have a blog (I write on Live Journal instead) but my e-mail address is:
aq389@chebucto.ns.ca

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf