Thursday, September 22, 2005

laceweight, Orenburg style



Now that I understand that scotch tension doesn't mean to tighten the bejeebers out of it. I can actually spin as fine as my fiber will allow! I decided to start with the cormo from Galena's booth that I bought at the Michigan Fiber Fest. It is a very lovely light gray that has every so often streaks of darker grays. It also has a lot of vm and is carded not combed. I spun it with a short draw, lazily, not taking out all of the vm. I am having a blast and I have 8 oz. So I am going to have a whole lot of this laceweight as I am plying it Orenburg style with a silk thread. This gives it a really nice texture. I cannot wait to knit some up and see what it does.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

rrohh that is lovely! i had the same misunderstanding about scotch tension too. isn't that funny?

12:56 PM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

This is really pretty. I don't know much about different tensions yet. I need to take some classes from you girl...keep up the good work.

7:13 PM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

Wow that's pretty! Of course you must drop everything and knit with it right away...

6:47 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Yes Caroline, I think you are right!!! There is nothing like knitting with your own handspun is there.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf