Thursday, September 08, 2005

Bad Bad blogger

This back to school stuff is getting me down. I just don't seem to have much time:-(
I am so close to finishing Karis it hurts to look at it.

I also finished the back of the Elizabeth Cardi from A Season's Tale. I am procrastinating casting on for a front because of the ruffle;-)

The second of three lavender garden shawls is in progress in oatmeal. I got my Rowan mag and the River stole looks really easy and quick- size 10 1/2 needles. I'm actually contemplating making three of those too and giving my aunt the pick of the 6 and keeping the rest to use a church fund raiser.
I may just have lost my mind a teensy bit.

I swatched my handspun and plyed orenburg style cashmere and silk lace weight.
(not yet all spun up-not even close) Oh I am in love now for more time! this is not blocked though it would open up beautifully if I wasn't so lazy. I spun it on my Bosworth mini(featherweight?) and plied it orenburg style with silk thread and a Russian plying spindle. Kind of cheating because i didn't spin the single with a russian spindle but I knew this way would give me the best results. Who wants to mess up cashmere!?!

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz M. said...

Well E, I can't wait to see you in action with all these techniques and such, looking good girl...

6:04 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Thanks! Things have been crazy with everyone's back to school schedules. I am dying to ply some more of the cashmere!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Hi E! I tagged you for a survey thing - the questions are on my blog... and so is my brand new skein from my spinning wheel!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf