Saturday, October 22, 2005

Two needles in three days



I broke two Brittany birches in three days. The first one, I haven't a clue. The second I broke shoving my foot into my beautiful peacock sock. Don't ask why I didn't try it on much sooner. But shoving my fat little calf and generous foot into a much too small sock was too much on my delicate birch double points. Thankfully I have two exta sets but the socks must be frogged. Boohoo, I got so far!
To make up for it my Andean Silk from Knit Picks came and I started the cardi on page 66 of the new Sally Melville book on color, Color Experience.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - that's going to be a great sweater! And with your coloring those colors are a perfect choice! Sorry about the sock *sigh*

5:40 PM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

E, what is going on? How in the world did you really break those birches? ha, ha, ha, I don't think I've ever broken one. Now, the cats chewing them to bits is another story entirely...

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i tend to break needles in droves too. let's hope that is the end of this round of breakage.

12:08 PM  
Blogger jenknits said...

Did you contact Brittany for replacements? They do that, you know.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf