Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Knitting up a storm






Not having to go anywhere and do anything has done wonders for my knitting! I swatched with my handspun lopi style icelandic single. I'm in love! It will not take long to spin the yarn for this. Although right now I'm really into my socks and sweater. I had to start a new sweater! I know I have two unfinished ones on the bottom of my workbasket but this one is different! It is a top down lace cardi in Peruvian Collection Sierra Aran in Blueberry. The pattern was free from elann and the yarn with an extra skein cost 25$ It is going very fast because it is aran weight. Also no seaming!!! This is so up my alley! I decided to keep the horsesoelace on the sleeves too. They change to milanese lace and I think I'd prefer the continuity of the horseshoe lace.






I also finished the handspun mittens. Working with millspun feels very flat now.


Life has been throwing some curves for our family practically every December for the last five years. December brings much sadness. It is not a good month for us. Prayers, thoughts, lit candles, any of those are very much appreciated.

6 Comments:

Blogger jenknits said...

I'm sending hugs your way. Glad that the knitting is keeping you sane. Beautiful work!

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am praying that you will find peace during this difficult time. know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your gracious family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'll light a candle. I'm glad you have time to work on your marvelous creations!

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending good thoughts to you and your family. Keep knitting and spinning - both have gotten me through some very rough times.

5:20 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Thank you all.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Add my prayers and good thoughts to the list, and here's hoping for a better, happier year to come.
Thanks for opening your lovely home to the knitting guild for our Christmas party.
Blessings to you and your family!

4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf