Monday, November 28, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a very happy Thanksgiving.
I was able to finish the shawls in time and gave them to my very grateful aunt, who is like my second mother. I was very happy.
Then decided to use stash and knit my cousin a scarf out of some Danette Taylor handpaint-no pics though I knit it Friday and she wore it home Saturday;-)
The ladies in our family do not hit the mall on Friday. We hit the antique shops. Living in a smallish town does have its advantages. Antiques can be a steal! I bought two pieces which I am especially proud of. The tatted piece was 10$ and the knit round table cover was 30$ plus 20% off of both for the holidays!
Socks for me are finally done and I can knit on whatever I please!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger jenknits said...

It sounds like you had a lovely holiday with your family. The antique finds are beautiful! As are the socks!

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your socks turrned out beautifully! i hope you had a wonderful birthday and got pampered all day long!

1:20 PM  
Blogger June said...

Gorgeous socks! I love the lace table cloth! What a find!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Oh my gosh - what finds! You've got a wonderful eye.

11:29 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

don't you wonder how many hours it took to make those things? and i love the sock colors :-)

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf