Monday, December 05, 2005

Fun Fiber Weekend


Oh my, the satisfaction I am getting working with my handspun is great! I finished the Christmas Rose bag from Handknit Holidays. The plum is my handspun and the red is local alpaca mill spun. I really didn't think it would knit up so evenly.

I also spun two small skeins this week. One grey merino x and one shetland. I'm surprised by how much I really liked spinning the shetland. I was trying to spin with less twist and I was sucessful!! This was a much softer yarn though still my beloved worsted. Things afre starting to click. I'm beginning to understand how to get the results I want. I finally understand the difference between worsted and woolen. I am so sucked into the vortex I may never see the light of day again;-) The purple is the silk merino spun into 846 yds of lacey goodness!

8 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Gorgeous spinning Elizabeth, it looks delightfully sqooshy from over here.

11:44 AM  
Blogger jenknits said...

Oh my, that is some incredible spinning! Isn't it fun just to play with different fibers?

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the bag, Elizabeth. And the spinning -- especially the purple. Just all lovely stuff.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That purple silk/merino could almost convert me into a purple-lover. The bag looks fantastic - its great to see a finished project from Handknit Holidays (which I've only pawed through at this point).

12:50 PM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

O! spinning shetland are we? I wonder where you got THAT from! (lolololololololololo) lookin good! I'll take that purple! I have just the shawl for it! :)

7:56 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

your spinning is simply lovely! and i love your handspun hat :-)

7:46 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Gorgeous stuff!

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your bag turned out lovely!

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf