Friday, December 02, 2005

handspun


I am so loving working with my handspun. It is just very rewarding. I let my mom pick two skeins of my handspun for a hat and then made it in a day because she needed it and I was having fun knitting it!

I'm also working on a fair isle bag from Handknit Holidays. I had to get it, it was killing me. I'm technically not even Christian! What am I doing with a holiday knitting book! Well the patterns are very nice and we do still celebrate with my mom. That's my story and I'm sticking with it;-)

I'm knitting the Christmas Rose bag with handspun plum wool and store bought rosy red alpaca. I'm loving it! I don't do much fair isle anymore because it makes me a crazy woman. Kind of like koigu. I can't wait to see the next row, and the next row, and the next row... I'm much more calm with lace and other things.

6 Comments:

Blogger jenknits said...

The photos are all so lovely! Your mom is so lucky to receive the hat! I hope she loves it too! Of course you can have a holdiay book, it wasn't all for Christmas. Although the Christmas rose bags, well, they could be everyday roses! Love it anyway!

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The handspun hat is really beautiful! There's just nothing like working with your own handspun, is there?

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're like that with fair isle, Elizabeth, stay away from mitered squares! A gift of a handspun/handknit hat--lucky mom!
Vicki

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the hat is wonderful, as is your holiday bag. if more technically christians out there were of the spirit you are, the world would be a much better place.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Delicious!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Dann I. said...

ooooooooooooooooooo
e,
i've just been checking out your blg archives. love the homespun. have a thing for stocking caps.
lovely lovely work

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf