Thursday, January 05, 2006

buttons!


Button,button who has a button? Me! Sheila Ernst and her husband(www.glasspens.com) made this and sent it out to me to finish off my cardi. Lisa Souza was raving, but you truly cannot appreciate these babies until one is in your hand. Sheila purposely offset the shank so it would hang better on my cardi. It was worth every penny!!! I am going to have to find reasons for more of Sheila's buttons.

The last time I did(one) toe up sock I swore never again... Well never is a long time so I started one. this sock yarn was expensive so I want to eek out every yd possible. I'm using a free toe up pattern from Elann. It is a chevron pattern. I thought it would show the stripes off very nicely.

5 Comments:

Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

Ooh gorgeous button. I have one SE button I bought at MS&W last year and I have no idea where it will end up.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

O, beauteous sock! Nice start, E. What's the yarn?

4:44 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

exquisite!

5:14 AM  
Blogger Marlene said...

Wow! It would be worth it to design and knit and entire cardigan around a button like that. Fabulous!

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I SO have the hots for one of those buttons! I recntly paid $12 for a dichroic button for a Flora scarf I knit for my daughter. I have to work up the courage to buy one from Glass Pens!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf