Wednesday, January 04, 2006

oops


I forgot to talk about the breed I'm spinning! The icelandic is a very nice, spins itself, fiber. The fiber that I am spinning is both undercoat,thel and outercoat, tog. I am guessing it would be a very different spinning experience with only thel. It is not a very soft yarn. I am spinning it just like light lopi. I read somewhere that spinning guru Judith McKenzie said to spin a fairly spun single and then spin it back through quickly the opposite way to get a nice and lofty single. This is working well with my spinning style:-) i am planning a fairisle jacket for this. Hopefully it will be even enough to achive this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz M. said...

Oh, I see what's going on here!!!! ha, ha, ha! Lookin good girl! I have been a buzzard spinning crazy person this past week too after my sister-in-law and the kids left, and I finally got over the flu!!!!! Yucko, how's the kids? Talk soon, Oh, by the way, the swatch looks excellent! And I still want the Licorice.... I definitely think that I'll need it soon.... :)

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great tip about spinning lofty singles - thank you! You inspired me to go and wash some Icelandic fleece today.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf