Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Socks are finished and new booty





I finished my socks which means I can cast on for knit net's silk sack:-) I bought the sari silk. I finally broke down but I didn't lose my mind. I'm hoping I can eek it out with just one skein of the mango moon with two skeins of brown sheep in roasted coffee.

My lys had a sale so I splurged on two skeins of Schaeffer's Anne in Watch plaid and a blues. I am in a sock frenzy. I'm getting close to the heel in my lace sock. Even the heel has a lace pattern on this one! These take much longer so I am keeping two socks on the needles at all time a plain and a fancy. My next plain will be a pair in olive tones sock! from Lisa S, www.lisaknit.com. The lace pair is in her garnet.

My sweater should be done by the end of the week. It is definitely an obssesive knit:-) I altered the pattern quite a bit but I think it will be more classic.

I have spun 700 yds of my black lopi style and probably have at least 400 more yds to spin. Then on to the grey!!! This has been a lot of to spin.

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Nice socks, E! You'll love Anne. It's very nice to work with. I've been coveting the sari silk, but have put myself on a no-yarn diet for a while. Let us know how you like it.

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like a cool bag, I'm anxious to see it...another pattern on my wish list!

9:23 PM  
Blogger jenknits said...

My goodness, aren't you prolific? Nice socks!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf