Monday, January 30, 2006

MSW


Every year I get a little sad the first week in May. My cyber buddies take off and meet in the fiber fairyland called Maryland Sheep and Wool. One of our members lives close and throws a soiree and they get together and knit and spin and laugh and they see and buy amazing things that I only read about. Oh, they make sure they take pictures so that we cinderellas who don't make it get to enjoy vicariously. I really appreciate those pictures because I get to put a face with the personality that I know. The cyber buddy business is interesting. You can really get to know someone without ever laying eyes on them.
This year I decided to ask my husband if he and I could go and kind of get a weekend together as well as meet my friends and have an amazing fiber experience. Mt husband works like a dog, never complains about my less than perfect ways, and is very accomodating. Still to me this was a big sacrifice and I hated asking. He ,however, said "I think we could do that." last Thurs and then made reservations for a hotel, plane ride, and car rental on Sunday!!! I don't think he could possibly fathom how much it means to me. This is something that is totally for me ,not something he'd necessarily chose for his weekend. He's such a keeper I tell you!
Okay I'm sure you will hear more about M$W, as we call it on my favorite list, a
as we get closer!
I will leave you pictures of my handspun sweater. I was having a problem which I think I fixed.
I have done mittens with baltic braids before and no rolling so I thought I could do it on the hem of the sweater and get away with no rolling. Wrong!!! It was rolling and I wasn't frogging!! So I could pick up and do a hem or rip the braid. However I wanted that braid! So I kind of fudged and have a wonderful 'design element' which will cause everyone to think I am a designing genius when in fact I made a stupid elementary mistake. I guess that's what separates the men from the boys, as my dad used to say. The men can make mistakes and knit their way out of it creatively;-)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Are A Genius!! Great brain, lady!

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting a chance to get to MD sounds like a lovely gift/treat. I hope he'll enjoy it too!

5:10 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Definitely a keeper and I think the checkerboard/braid combo is very smart looking.

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eliz, I know you've been dreaming of this and now it will be a reality...and you will also have some alone time with that wonderful hubby! Congrats!

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am impressed with your handspun sweater.I just started spinning,hope to follow in your footsteps.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf