Monday, February 20, 2006

booty


I got some booty(get your mind out of the gutter-pirate, not the other kind!). Mango moon has these spectacular circular needles called tattoo needles made out of bone and carved they have these cool cables that seem to be plastic cables covered with a satin fabric. I had to have them. I knit a little with them but was trying a stittch that didn't work well with these needles. They felt like bamboo and didn't snag at all! They would be great with any yarn that is great with bamboo imho.
The owners of our local yarn shop have really bent backwards to accomodate our guild and they give us discounts and then extra discounts on guild meeting days and now are giving us a special 50% off on a selected type of yarn on guild meeting days. Who wouldn't take advantage of that! This time it was 50% off any yarn put up in bobbins. I'm no fool I went for Adrienne Vittadini's Celia, a lightweight silk ribbon in a corally orange. I already have a pattern picked out for it and spring is looming. The winter projects will soon be stored in favor of springy stuff. So it may come up sooner in line than I think:-)
My freind Kristine of Strung out blog fame(excuse my computer ignorance,http://www.strung-out.blogspot.com/) Gave me this gorgeous skeinlet that was making her allergies flare. It is a wool, alpaca,angora blend that she spun herself. Thanks Kristine!!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

those needles are beautiful!

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful needles! I covet them and the angora/alpaca etc skeinlette!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Augh! I didn't realize there was bunny in that fiber... that's totally what caused my massive sneezing!

by the way- are the needles warm or cold to the touch?

5:54 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I really love those needles. Where can I buy a pair. Please let me know!

9:03 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Crystal- I haven't seen them anywhere except my LYS Sit'N Knit in South Bend Indiana. They also have a shop in Michigan City Indiana. They don't have an online presence yet though. Good luck!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Thank you so much for this information. : )

11:33 AM  
Blogger Marlene said...

Those needles are absolutely fantastic. Needles as ART. Just what I need for my display basket of handspun yarns.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those needles are GORGEOUS. Do you know what sizes they come in?

11:16 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I bought the needles too, and they're fantastic. Now I just need something appropriately wonderful to knit on them. Aparently they come in all sizes, but Sit and Knit only had size 10 -11. If you email them (www.sitnknit.com), they're planning on getting more and will probably ship to you.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow - those needles are gorgeous!
I'll have to ask my LYS if they're going to carry these.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf