Thursday, February 02, 2006

The socks, they are finished


The socks are finished but are a study in why you must make notes while knitting. If you look closely at the toes one is much wider than the other. I assumed that I changed the pattern, which I didn't, so I made a different toe on the second sock.

I will probably go back and fix it although right now I'm mad and won't. This is what happens every time I make a mistake, which is quite often. I think," Oh no one will notice. It will be fine. I'm not ripping. Oh it's driving me crazy. I better rip. Oh but I don't feel like it..." until I finally get a little distance and decide it is worth ripping because it will haunt me.

Next up the Shetland Triangle by Evelyn Clark in a Piecework mag. I'm doing it in my purple silk and merino handspun and it is pretty close to finishing.

6 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

I'm the same way Elizabeth. I have to fix a mistake once I've seen it, but a little distance sure helps!

10:03 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

nice socks, even with wonky toes! wow, a shawl with your handspun, can't wait to see it :-)

10:21 AM  
Blogger jenknits said...

Is that Olive Tones? They are beautiful, even with wonky toes!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Lovely socks, nonetheless, E!
Want to learn 2 socks on 2 circs? LOL

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very handsome, and worth the fix time.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, does forgetting which toe shaping equal forgetting to sign my name?

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf