Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Saturday, March 24, 2007
Thursday, March 22, 2007
This is Rosie(the Paul Simon song always runs through my head-she's really my Rosie child:-). I got her almost exactly two years ago. I love her. She has not given me one ounce of trouble. She's been very patient as I learned how to spin. Definitely a golden child. I don't take her out much though. She's a little heavy and she's my only baby. I don't want anything to happen to her. This is what she and I are spinning right now, it's Lisa Souza silk/merino 50/50.
So I've been pining for a travelling wheel. After many considerations(there are so many wheels out there!). I decided that majacraft is my brand. I love the smoothness and the no fuss. I'm engineeringly challenged:-) That really only left me with the Little Gem which is very nice but has different treadling than my Rosie and the breakdown a little more complicated than I'd like. However I did like spinning on it and it fits all the the investments I've made towards my Rosie. I have a lace kit and a jumbo flyer and bobbin set and more than a few extra bobbins. The little Gem sadly is out of my price range right now. Well this story ends well hopefully! Saturday we will be welcoming Rosie's little brother to the family... Stay tuned:-)
Friday, March 16, 2007
1what is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I love wool and I love silk. I'm gaga over Koigu and Fleece artist. I love high twist yarns. I love finering weight (sock) and laceweight. I love anything by Lisa Souza!!! I've really wanted to try Vesper sock yarn and I love Hello yarn!
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I'm not crazy about fibers that are not natural. I do have some exceptions but I can't think of one right now. Some of the really special novelties I like.
I'm not crazy about bulky or singles yarns. I don't love softly twisted yarns
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?Mostly plastic bags(embarrasing!)
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting for fifteen years. I learned after I got married and my husband would go on long trips. My knitting would keep me company!
I love learning new techniques I'm definitely an advanced intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Not yet:-)
5. What's your favorite scent? I love the scent of almonds,oranges,roses
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?Yes cocolate!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?I'm not so crafty other than knitting ,spinning and crocheting!
Do you spin?Yes,Spindle and on a wheel!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? I like oldies, blues and old alternative-REM, the Police...
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love all colors especially deep rich colors. I like solids and variegateds. I don't have a favorite color it depends on my mood and the shade of the color! I'm not so crazy about pastels.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?I have a lovely husband, a son who is 10 , a son who is 8 , and a daughter who is 6-the dog Jack is a brittany spaniel and very sweet!
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?Only scarves and usually lace ones(I'm a lace addict) I love mittens too.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?Lace! I knit lots of socks too. I love purses and the occasional sweater!
13. What are you knitting right now?Ha ha ha! Many things and I don't remember all of them now but I'm almost finished with my Koigu Floppy jacket, A shawl and baby sweater for my prayer shawl knitting group, three pairs of socks, three shawls and thats all I'll admit to;-)
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? They are the best!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?Only circular aluminum and wood are my favorites.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?Yes!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?5 years? I started knitting again 5 years ago after a five year hiatus. I had many family preoccupations for 5 years and couldn't knit but I went back to it 5 years ago and haven't stopped. That's why I know that my oldest one is 5 years.
18. What is your favorite holiday?Thanksgiving- I get to see all of my extended family.
19. Is there anything that you collect?yarn and spindles.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?I pretty much get any books I want and have subs to Interweave knits and Vogue Knitting. I don't have any Goddess Knits shawl patterns and am drolling over all of them!
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?I haven't tried any of Lucy Neatbys tricks and I'd like to.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?Yes but I just do standard socks I have never measured my foot. I'm an 8- 81/2 american.
23. When is your birthday?November 27th. The year I was born it was Thanksgiving. My mother waited 39 years to tell me that(and I'm 39 now)
Friday, March 02, 2007
My New Pet
Princey is my new pet. DH brought him from his trip:-) I like to think he is a cahsmere goat;-) He could be from India. Hubby went to India, Kuwait and Jordan. So I'm sticking with a Cashmere goat from Kasmir!